Wet and Dry vacuum cleaners
In our Vacuum Cleaner Reviews we need to review wet and dry vacuum cleaners as we have already reviewed
Upright Vacuum Cleaners and Cylinder Vacuum Cleaners.
The basic design of the Wet and Dry cleaner is that of a large
bucket or canister on wheels or castors with an electric vacuum motor that sits on the top of the bucket and
acts as an air tight seal.
Inside of the bucket there is a method of filtration. A hose is connected to the side of the canister and
there is normally a choice of tools that can be fitted to the hose, which enable the cleaning of different types of
Cheap Carpet cleaner
Some Wet and Dry vacuum cleaners are a very cheap form of carpet cleaner and so also have a small water pump
to provide a cleaning solution for spraying onto the carpets through the carpet wand.
These machines have a container within the canister for the cleaning solution and a method for keeping
this cleaning solution seperate from the dirty water container.
As this type of vacuum cleaner tends to be at the cheaper end of the market, this cleaner depends mainly on
vacuum power to remove any soil and debris.There is normally a small brush on the end of the floor cleaning tool,
but this tends to be a very small brush that gives only marginal help in dislodging any stubborn debris.
This type of vacuum cleaner is great for cleaning stairways and hard floors, as well as larger debris that
might get stuck in the brushes of Upright Vacuum Cleaners.
- They can be useful for cleaning up in garages and sheds.
- These vacuum cleaners are designed for hoovering up liquid spills, but can be used as a cheap carpet
- Don't expect tremendous results, though, as the solution pump is quite weak.
- Due to the lack of a motorised brush any agitation has to be provided by the cleaning operative, so a
scrubbing action can be needed to remove stubborn soil or debris. This can be very tiring if there is a large
area to be cleaned.
- Filtration can be quite basic, so a fine dust cloud can be spread into the local atmosphere.
- These vacuum cleaners do tend to lose cleaning power as the waste container fills up.
- Over the last few years, a number of companies have begun to sell wet and dry vacuum cleaners for gutter
clearing and the high level cleaning of pipes and ducts in factories.
- These machines need to be much more powerful than the ones used in the domestic market.
- They can have 2 or even 3 vacuum motors and can be either 110 volt or 240volt. The 110volt machine is
preferable for external work.
- These machines are connected to see-through plastic pipes that reach up and vacuum up all of the
- These machines are becoming very popular in the U.K. due to our health and safety culture.