Carpet Cleaning Franchises
Carpet cleaning franchises are an excellent example of businesses that are eminently suitable for the
franchise model of business. When considering starting up a business, it is well known that by following the
franchise route, you stand a much higher chance of being succesfull. The Carpet cleaning industry is an excellent
example of this principle.
Franchising is the process
of using an established companies already successful business model to develop your own company in connection with
the original company.
The franchisor is the original business owner who is seeking to grow his business through finding
franchisee's who are looking to start a business in this sector but recognises the need for a proven
business model to follow.
The majority of franchises are found in the service sector where there are good profit margins and where the
business models can be duplicated.
The downside of the franchise route are :-
- Small franchises tend to be single van - home based businesses with a modest initial
investment.Service sectors such as Carpet cleaning, Lawn maintenance or Plumbing are
excellent examples of franchise models that have many successful adherents.
Many of these companies will provide initial customers, so it is possible to start to make money from day
- There are a number of franchisers in the Carpet cleaning industry that
are known throughout the world, with well established national training centres and regular national
This is an obvious advantage,when starting your business. If you are starting a business for the first time,
then franchising certainly is a good way of learning all of the skills that you will need in running a
- Medium sized franchises are found in Fast food restaurants, Sandwich shops and
Petrol stations, to name just a few.
These require a much more substantial initial investment, due to the need of premises and car parking.They also
tend to require in-depth initial training, which could take several weeks, even months. So it could take quite
a while to become profitable.
- Large franchises can include Hospitals, Hotels or transport businesses, such as,
Coach or Rail companies.The initial investment to enter this sector is huge and far beyond most
- The start-up costs can be high
- There may not be a franchise available in your area.
- Monthly service charges
- Franchise area may be quite small
- Company supplied materials can be expensive
- Franchisor pressure to meet their targets rather than yours.
I have put together some information on the better known carpet cleaning franchises on the following pages