If you have been uncertain of the type of Garden Treatments to apply then this is for you. Many people are
growing food in their own gardens because they do not know what chemicals and pesticides have been applied to the
food they buy in the shops.
There are many organic ways to prevent pests from destroying your crops. These methods have been used for many
years, are simple to use and effective without damaging to animals or humans.
Natural Garden Treatments and tips
Vinegar - This has been around for many years and can be used in the garden as well as being
put on your chips.
- Pour some white vinegar into a garden spray bottle and apply to the roots of weeds as a form of
- It also helps to prevent the weeds from returning.
- Vinegar is also very good for dealing with slugs.
- Salt is very effective as well.
- It has to be applied directly to the slugs to be effective.
- Broken egg shells laid in the path of slugs can be effective in protecting your crops.
Talcum Powder - This is very useful for applying to the bottom of plants to deter animals such
as Racoons, Rabbits and Badgers. Their paws become covered in talcum powder and the taste of talcum powder will put
them off from returning to your garden.
House hold pets can cause more damage in your garden than the wild animals.
- Vicks vapour rub applied to the lower branches of your plants will stop cats and dogs in
- If your flower beds are being dug up, cover them up with blackberry bush thorns. Lay the stocks on the soil
and this will keep pets from digging in this area.
- Moth crystals and pine needles are good for discouraging cats from your garden.
- Golf shoes - To aerate your garden tread round your garden in an old pair of golf shoes,
the spikes will help to loosen up soil and grass enabling air to penetrate further into the ground.
- Ski poles can be used in a similar way to open up your garden surfaces to the air.
Shade can be created to protect vulnerable plants from too much sun. Old umbrellas or
tarpaulins can be positioned to shade these plants at the hottest times of the day.
In the long term, consider planting some hedges that can be used for shading vulnerable pot plants.
Washing up Liquid - add to water and fill a garden spray bottle and spray roses and other
plants vulnerable to green fly and aphids, apply especially to the underside of leaves to wash them off and protect
the plant from further infestation.
Growing your own food in your own vegetable garden can be both fun and a rewarding experience. You now know how
fresh and organic your food really is.
But gardening is not so rewarding when your crops keep being destroyed by pests. Thankfully there are ways
similar to those we have mentioned to protect your garden.
Hopefully you will find these natural Garden Treatments helpful in your garden.
Return from Garden Treatments to springcleantips home